At Fishman & Sheridan eyeCare Specialists, we are extremely proud of Dr. Fishman's co-owned state-of-the-art ambulatory eye surgery center. Located in Leesburg, the center also services patients in Clermont, Eustis, and the surrounding areas. The center is reserved exclusively for eye surgery, making your treatment faster, safer, and more convenient. Whether you are suffering from cataracts, corneal conditions, drooping eyelids, or another ocular condition, you will benefit from our doctors’ advanced technology and personalized medical care. To learn more about the surgical center, and to schedule your eye treatment, call Fishman & Sheridan eyeCare Specialists.
Absolute Commitment to Your Ocular Health
Dr. Fishman's co-owned private ambulatory surgery center is dedicated completely to eye care. This unique setting allows us to monitor the entire treatment process, setting the stage for outstanding patient outcomes. The surgery center is staffed by nurses who work exclusively with ocular patients, meaning you will receive the expert hands-on care you deserve. Besides the continuity of care, the surgery center also offers the convenience of more efficient surgical procedures than you would experience at a hospital. At the same time, you will never feel rushed. Our doctors, nurses, and administrative staff will give you their full attention, and answer all your questions to make you feel at ease.
The Highest Safety Standards
Because the surgical center focuses entirely on minimally invasive eye surgery, it has exceptional safety ratings, with an infection rate far below the national average. For the exceptional compliance with safety standards, the Surgery center has been accredited by the AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc), an organization known for its exacting standards.
There are two operating rooms, complete with the latest equipment and surgical devices. Treatment options include:
- Cataract surgery: During this relatively quick procedure, a doctor can remove a cataract-obscured lens and replace it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL). This treatment is considered to be one of the safest surgeries available, and patients typically experience noticeable improvement in their vision immediately afterwards.
- Blepharoplasty: With age, the skin and muscles around the eyes begin to lose elasticity, causing the eyelid to droop dramatically, sometimes obscuring a patient’s vision. During eyelid surgery, the surgeon can lift facial muscles and remove excess tissue through tiny incisions concealed in the lash line or the natural eyelid crease.
- Glaucoma treatment: During this procedure, an ophthalmologist can place stents to aid in the drainage of fluid from the eye, or may remove tissue from the drainage channel to lower intra-ocular pressure.
- Cornea transplants: This surgery is a cure for Fuch’s Dystrophy, and involves replacing damaged corneal cells with donor tissue.
- Laser Surgery: Lasers are used to treat a variety of ophthalmic conditions e.g. glaucoma, retinal tears, complications from diabetes, secondary cataracts, and trichiasis (inward lashes).
Contact Us Today
Our doctors are committed to providing the best in care, starting with the most non-invasive forms of therapy. If you do require surgical treatment, rest assured you will receive compassionate and expert care from the ambulatory surgery center. To learn more about our treatment options, schedule an appointment today.