Cataract Surgery Benefits Leesburg, Eustis, Clermont
Your risk of developing cataracts may be steadily increasing. The truth behind the stunning statement is more than half of all Americans will have developed a cataract by the time they are 65 years old, as reported by the National Eye Institute. The degenerative condition involves the clouding of the eye’s lens, which gradually blurs vision and increases glare from light.
At Fishman & Sheridan eyeCare Specialists, the finest doctors make cataract surgery benefits a reality for the people of Leesburg, Eustis, and Clermont. After confirming your diagnosis, we will help you understand the many ways in which cataract treatment could help you!
Cataract Surgery Benefits at a Glance
Cataract surgery boasts a 98 percent rate of success. Once your eyes have recovered from treatment and are adjusted to functioning without cataracts, the benefits will be revealed, and you will be able to enjoy:
- Safer driving: Your chances of getting into a collision on the road will decrease by an estimated 50 percent, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association.
- A better quality of life: You will be able to visually interpret your surroundings more accurately and perceptively.
- Greater independence: You will feel more confident in your ability to react to your environment.
- Improved recreation: You may be able to improve your performance in certain activities. Increased independence can also lead to more community involvement!
- Less difficulty reading: Opening a book, skimming the newspaper, or surfing the Internet will no longer entail straining your eyes. You will also be able to see signs more clearly on the road.
- Added health benefits: A cataract can hinder your doctor from detecting other medical conditions of the eye, such as diabetic retinopathy. Therefore, cataract removal may lead to diagnosis and treatment of another eye condition.
Please note that undergoing cataract surgery does not always eliminate the need to wear contacts or glasses. The best way to ensure optimal cataract surgery benefits in Leesburg, Eustis, and Clermont is to follow your surgeon’s orders throughout the consultation, procedure, and recovery process.
Contact Us to Learn More about Cataract Surgery Benefits
Cataract surgery benefits are at the fingertips of patients in Leesburg, Eustis, and Clermont! Just contact Fishman & Sheridan eyeCare Specialists in Lake County, Florida to schedule your appointment today!