Have you always wanted contact lenses but thought it was impossible because of a condition of the eye? Fortunately, our team at Fishman and Sheridan Eye Care Specialists can prescribe hard to fit contacts to allow you to see clearly, regardless of your condition. Our ophthalmologists provide quality eye care for residents in Leesburg, Eustis, and Clermont, FL. Contact us today to book your appointment if you are considering contact lenses.
What Conditions Make You Hard To Fit For Contacts?
Certain conditions of the eye make it impossible or very difficult to wear conventional soft contacts; therefore, your ophthalmologist can prescribe special lenses to help you see clearly. The conditions include dry eye syndrome, astigmatism, presbyopia, giant papillary conjunctivitis, and Keratoconus.
Common Hard To Fit Contacts
There are several types of hard to fit contacts, and the one your ophthalmologist chooses depends on the condition you have.
- Toric lenses: These are special contacts designed to treat astigmatism.
- Bifocal lenses: These contacts treat presbyopia, and contain a prescription for distance and closeup in the same lens.
- Monofocal lenses: If you cannot get used to bifocal lenses, monofocal lenses are an excellent option. Your ophthalmologist can prescribe a prescription for distance in one eye and a prescription for closeup in the other.
- Gas permeable: These are the most commonly prescribed hard to fit lenses because they treat various conditions. These lenses do not absorb moisture from your eyes and are great for dry eye syndrome. Protein deposits do not adhere to the lenses the way they do with soft lenses, making them a great option for giant papillary conjunctivitis. Finally, these lenses are rigid and hold their shape. They are a great option if you have keratoconus.
- Piggyback lenses: If you cannot get used to gas permeable lenses, your eye doctor can prescribe a soft lens to wear underneath the gas permeable, which acts as a cushion.
Contact Fishman and Sheridan Eye Care Specialists for Hard to Fit Contacts
If you are thinking about getting contact lenses, call Fishman and Sheridan Eye Care Specialists. Our eye doctors provide quality eye care services and products to residents in and around Leesburg, Eustis, Clermont, FL. We will perform a comprehensive eye exam and help you find the perfect type of contact lenses to provide the clear vision you need. Call our team today at (352) 360-2301 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.